This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, gdb at sourceware dot org, Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:49:44 -0700
- Subject: Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140814132939 dot GH4924 at adacore dot com> <mvmha1f2nse dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20140814134807 dot GI4924 at adacore dot com> <mvmd2c32mz5 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20140814142201 dot GJ4924 at adacore dot com> <mvm8umr2kqk dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20140814150112 dot GK4924 at adacore dot com> <mvmsikz14va dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20140814152242 dot GL4924 at adacore dot com> <mvmha1f13gd dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
> > one-liners? Since you are trying to get us to change, why do _you_
> I don't. You were claiming that the duplication is unavoidable, I only
> show you the working alternatives.
The way you do it just absolutely fustrating: 1. I don't say it is
unavoidable, I say it is useful. And 2. you counter it by saying you can,
but you don't show how. If you show me how, I can then tell you whether
I agree with you or not.