This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, gdb at sourceware dot org, Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 17:44:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6036430 dot RnprRWgZmF at vapier> <20140814131206 dot GA12746 at blade dot nx> <20140814132939 dot GH4924 at adacore dot com> <mvmha1f2nse dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20140814134807 dot GI4924 at adacore dot com> <mvmd2c32mz5 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20140814142201 dot GJ4924 at adacore dot com> <mvm8umr2kqk dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20140814150112 dot GK4924 at adacore dot com> <mvmsikz14va dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20140814152242 dot GL4924 at adacore dot com>
Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> writes:
>> >> It's already included. You can use git log -p to show it.
>> > But -p shows the _entire_ patch.
>> You can limit it to the ChangeLogs.
> Why am I on the bench spending all this time definding a currently
> accepted position while you just attack all my explanations with
Where did I attack anyone?
> one-liners? Since you are trying to get us to change, why do _you_
I don't. You were claiming that the duplication is unavoidable, I only
show you the working alternatives.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."