This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, gdb at sourceware dot org, Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 15:39:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140814083231 dot GA6283 at blade dot nx> <6036430 dot RnprRWgZmF at vapier> <20140814131206 dot GA12746 at blade dot nx> <20140814132939 dot GH4924 at adacore dot com>
Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> writes:
> No, I strongly object to #5. The ChangeLog entries are part of
> the email to be sent along with the patch to be reviewed, We had
> that discussion many many years ago, and at the time, people
> wanted the CL entry in the email, rather than as a diff.
How does this have anything to do with the commit message?
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."