Re: Thread names in gdb7.7(using info threads command)

Hello,

This is my first email to the mailing list. Apologize if this is not
the right place to send this kind of request.

I am trying to see thread names in gdb. Thread names are  defined with

  prctl (PR_SET_NAME, "Mythread2", 0, 0, 0); //MyThread2 is my thread name

inside my thread.

My problem is.

I have an application which spawns 2 threads and one of the thread
will execute an illegal memory access and exit with 'segmentation
fault' and then generated a core file.

 I am able to see the thread name from gdb7.7 which comes pre
installed with my ubuntu 14.04 when I   run the application from gdb(
I put a break point just before the segmentation fault and saw the
thread names with info thread command).. But I am not able to see

the thread name after the application generates a core dump when I
load core file using core-file command.

Thanks,
Sreejith

I would like to understand how I can see the thread names when from
the core file generated by the application