This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: git clone through http
- From: Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 18:33:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: git clone through http
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53876894 dot 5020103 at ericsson dot com> <87ha48dp55 dot fsf at naesten dot mooo dot com> <538897D1 dot 1070602 at ericsson dot com> <20140530144821 dot GF4265 at adacore dot com>
Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Is there an advantage of adding "http" support, since already have
> access via the "git" protocol? The latter is what we document on
> the GDB web pages.
Well, it works through more firewalls. I've had trouble accessing
git://sourceware.org from the Debian porterboxes that are hosted by ARM
in the past (probably a few months ago?)
I don't imagine that's the only place to ever block outgoing git://
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!