This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: git clone through http
- From: Marc Khouzam <marc dot khouzam at ericsson dot com>
- To: 'Joel Brobecker' <brobecker at adacore dot com>, "'Frank Ch. Eigler'" <fche at elastic dot org>
- Cc: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>, 'Samuel Bronson' <naesten at gmail dot com>, "'gdb at sourceware dot org'" <gdb at sourceware dot org>, "'overseers at sourceware dot org'" <overseers at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 15:10:32 +0000
- Subject: RE: git clone through http
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53876894 dot 5020103 at ericsson dot com> <87ha48dp55 dot fsf at naesten dot mooo dot com> <538897D1 dot 1070602 at ericsson dot com> <20140530145045 dot GD13644 at elastic dot org> <20140530145958 dot GH4265 at adacore dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On
> Behalf Of Joel Brobecker
> Sent: Friday, May 30, 2014 11:00 AM
> To: Frank Ch. Eigler
> Cc: Simon Marchi; Samuel Bronson; firstname.lastname@example.org;
> Subject: Re: git clone through http
> > > > 2. Somehow set up a "smart" web-based git server. [...] Choice 2
> > > > is clearly more complicated and more httpd-specific, but also more
> > > > efficient in most cases.
> > We'll consider it, though an even easier thing we could do is stop
> > promoting the http:// git URL.
> If we do, it would be interesting to know where that is. I double-checked
> GDB's website, and it only references the "git" protocol.
I am trying to use the http access to the GDB git repo because I want to run
automated tests using the master branch using a Jenkins infrastructure.
That Jenkins machine has to go through a proxy to access the internet and the
proxy does not trigger when using the git protocol. So I was hoping to fall back
on the http protocol.
We've faced similar issues for eclipse projects and having an http access to
the repos has proven useful.
I found the reference to that http access here at the top of the page of the git repo: