This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: git clone through http
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at elastic dot org>
- Cc: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>, Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail dot com>, gdb at sourceware dot org, overseers at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 07:59:58 -0700
- Subject: Re: git clone through http
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53876894 dot 5020103 at ericsson dot com> <87ha48dp55 dot fsf at naesten dot mooo dot com> <538897D1 dot 1070602 at ericsson dot com> <20140530145045 dot GD13644 at elastic dot org>
> > > 2. Somehow set up a "smart" web-based git server. [...]
> > > Choice 2 is clearly more complicated and more httpd-specific, but also
> > > more efficient in most cases.
> We'll consider it, though an even easier thing we could do is stop
> promoting the http:// git URL.
If we do, it would be interesting to know where that is. I double-checked
GDB's website, and it only references the "git" protocol.