This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB/MI async output token field
- From: Vladimir Prus <ghost at cs dot msu dot su>
- To: Bob Rossi <bob at brasko dot net>, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 11:16:05 +0400
- Subject: Re: GDB/MI async output token field
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gdb.devel
- References: <20140523011405 dot GA10166 at linux>
On 05/23/2014 05:14 AM, Bob Rossi wrote:
I'm slowly working through the GDB/MI output command functionality.
On this page,
The documentation says,
Note that for all async output, while the token is allowed by the
grammar and may be output by future versions of gdb for select async
output messages, it is generally omitted.
Frontends should treat all async output as reporting general changes in
the state of the target and there should be no need to associate async
output to any prior command.
I searched through the GDB source code and can't find a single place
where this occurs.
Does anyone know how to make a token appear in the async record?
Did older versions do it?
If GDB is not using this feature, I propose we remove this information
from the manual until we actually need the functionality.
such clarification will be good.