This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Actually setting up patchwork on sourceware
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, carlos at redhat dot com, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 17:23:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: Actually setting up patchwork on sourceware
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140402055454 dot GB23931 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1405121520130 dot 371 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAAHN_R0zS6_A=HfA22966G7xvvzuJCdMD6jp4x5cbPq4v_wy2w at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140512171726 dot GB6983 at redhat dot com> <20140513060412 dot GB21360 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <5371DF7C dot 7060408 at gmail dot com> <20140523125151 dot GF14500 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On 05/23/2014 01:51 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 10:01:48AM +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
>> On 05/13/14 07:04, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>>> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 01:17:26PM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>>>> Hi -
>>>>> [...] Frank, did you get a chance to look at it? I have
>>>>> documented the process I had followed to do the patchwork setup
>>>>> on my host. [...]
>>>> Sorry, I was under the impression that y'all were still choosing
>>>> between patchwork and other alternatives. (Maybe "y'all" included gdb
>>>> folks, cc:'d.) We'd love not to have to have N new but similar
>>>> widgets running on sourceware.
>>> I had set up a test instance for gdb folks too and Gary had requested
>>> that I also migrate the gdb instance from my server to sourceware
>>> since it would take a while for gdb to decide on their final choice,
>>> so I'm not sure if it's worth our while to wait for that to happen.
>> Yes, please migrate gdb's too. At least myself, I'm finding the
>> gdb instance useful. As long as it exists, might as well have it set
>> up alongside glibc's.
> That's great. Given that 10 days have past since your response, is it
> safe to assume that nobody in the gdb community is opposed to using
Even if we end up using some other system for uploading patches,
patchwork will still be useful for patches that end up sent
through email. And, even if not all maintainers and frequent contributors
engage in updating the tracker, that's OK -- it works just the
same. It absolutely imposes zero change on everyone's workflow.
So I can't imagine why would anyone be opposed.