This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: What does "incomplete sequence" mean
- From: "frank ernest" <doark at mail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 17:52:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: What does "incomplete sequence" mean
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
> It means that gdb is trying to decode the bytes of the string according
> to the "target-charset" setting, and the string ends with a sequence
> that is incomplete according to the charset.
> You probably have UTF-8 as the target-charset, and in UTF-8, \302 is the
> start of a 2-byte sequence, and so should not appear at the end of the
Thanks, I'll check that.