This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
KGTP (dynamic tracer for Linux kernel and applications) 20140510 release (add quick start script kgtp.py)
- From: Hui Zhu <teawater at gmail dot com>
- To: "linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org" <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>, "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>, kgtp <kgtp at freelists dot org>
- Cc: Marc Khouzam <marc dot khouzam at ericsson dot com>, Thiago Jung Bauermann <thiago dot bauermann at gmail dot com>, Steven <mqyoung at gmail dot com>, Coly Li <colyli at gmail dot com>, Christoph Hellwig <hch at infradead dot org>, Geoff Levand <geoff at infradead dot org>, Steven Rostedt <rostedt at goodmis dot org>, Geunsik Lim <leemgs1 at gmail dot com>, Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>, Tao Ma <taoma dot tm at gmail dot com>, Oliver Yang <yangoliver at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 09:47:25 +0800
- Subject: KGTP (dynamic tracer for Linux kernel and applications) 20140510 release (add quick start script kgtp.py)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
KGTP (http://teawater.github.io/kgtp/) is a comprehensive dynamic tracer for
analysing Linux kernel and application (including Android) problems on
production systems in real time.
I think people use KGTP first trouble is to configure complex.
So the main change of this version is add a script kgtp.py that will
auto setup and start KGTP and GDB in current machine.
Then to use KGTP:
sudo python kgtp.py
Please goto https://github.com/teawater/kgtp/blob/release/UPDATE
get more info about this release.
According to the comments of Christoph, Geoff and Andi. I make KGTP
function lite patch for Linux kernel upstream. Please goto
http://lkml.org/lkml/2013/11/21/7 to got it.