Re: GDB w/ Mac OS cores: "no core file handler recognizes format"

On 1/30/14 11:58 PM, Matt Rice wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Klee Dienes <klee@mit.edu> wrote:

(Hi Klee!_

>> There should still be a copyright assignment on file for the time period it was written
>
> I think we need to be wary that copyright on file for the time period
> may not mean that the copyright for that specific piece of code was
> assigned, and note apples unwillingness to do so in the past.

No, Apple had a blanket assignment to the FSF for all of their GNU work.
Presumably it's still in effect, but it's not something that could be
rescinded retroactively, so old code unaffected in any case.

(Nostalgia time - we actually had regular internal meetings on
open-source activities, and an in-house lawyer specifically assigned
to be the expert on legal aspects.)

Stan
stan@codesourcery.com