Re: GDB w/ Mac OS cores: "no core file handler recognizes format"

I wrote the core dump support for GDB while I was working at NeXT/Apple, and would be happy to help you if you want to fold it back into stock GDB.  There should still be a copyright assignment on file for the time period it was written (but a lot could have changed since then, so it’s worth checking).  You can also build the Apple GDB from the last sources released at http://opensource.apple.com/source/gdb/gdb-1344/ — the core dump support seems to be present but not quite right.