Re: Trailing Whitespace

> Also (and I am not sure if git can get around this somehow) whitespace
> cleanups tend to obliterate diffs/patches that were written before the
> cleanup took place.  This makes merging a massive pain.
>
> So my 2 pence worth is, no, not a good idea ;)

Strongly seconded. Localized whitespace fixes are OK, because manageable
in the amount of work they generate, but please, not a massive cleanup.
And if we ever do that massive cleanup, I would request that a
pre-requisite is an "update" check on the git server that rejects pushes
of files violating that rule.

On my end of things, I configured my editor to simply highlight
trailing spaces, not strip them.

--
Joel