This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: has_more="0" with pretty-printer installed
- From: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Elmenthaler, Jens" <JENS dot ELMENTHALER at advantest dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 21:02:32 +0800
- Subject: Re: has_more="0" with pretty-printer installed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5280864A dot 8020201 at codesourcery dot com> <CEA8125BCE884349929B204B961E547140798705 at DEBOSVPEX001 dot ent dot rt dot verigy dot net>
On 11/11/2013 04:05 PM, Elmenthaler, Jens wrote:
Since dynamic is true, there is a pretty printer registered for zzz_type or struct container. Struct container looks like a collection, so the purpose of the pretty printer probably is to show its elements as children, not the struct's data members itself. If nobody add elements to the container, the number of its children will be 0. Just a guess, of course, ...
Your are right, the pretty printer shows field "elements" of "struct
container" as children, instead of "struct container"'s fields. Thanks!