This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
cannot get autoload to work
- From: Borislav Kapukaranov <b dot kapukaranov at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 20:33:29 +0200
- Subject: cannot get autoload to work
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm trying to get autoloading to work with gdb 7.6.1. From the
documentation I gather there are two ways to plug in autoloading
- using objfile-gdb.py files
- or using the DEFINE_GDB_SCRIPT macro
I can't seem to get any of them working. I have a bunch of
spidermonkey pretty printers that seem to be built with autoloading in
mind. Since there weren't any objfile-gdb.py style printers I tried
with the macro.
The docu says "gdb will look for each specified script file first in
the current directory".
Which is the current dir in this case? - the dir where I start gdb, or
the one with the executable or what?
Can you point me to examples of both approaches so that I can be able
to auto-load pretty printers for my own types?