Re: Question about TRUNK branch version name

Pierre> Silly question about
Pierre> executables compiled using git repository..

Pierre> $ ../gdb
Pierre> GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.50.20131031-cvs

Pierre> In ten years, people will certainly wonder why
Pierre> there is a -cvs suffix in the version string...

Pierre>   Of course, changing -cvs to -git might
Pierre> ender some scripts obsolete...
Pierre> But I thought I would ask anyhow!

While doing the conversion I purposely avoided trying to make any other
process changes.  My thinking was that this would both make the task
simpler, and allow us to focus any discussions on the task at hand
rather than get sidetracked into other disputes.

Now that this is pretty much done I think it's fine if you want to make
changes.  I think there are a few things in gdb that don't really make
sense in the post-git world.

Tom