Re: Running without Python

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Smith <psmith@gnu.org> writes:

Paul> But, it pretty much just stops:
Paul>   $ my-gdb
Paul>   Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Paul>   Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Paul>   Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Paul>   ImportError: No module named site
Paul>   $

Paul> Any thoughts about this?  I guess I need to build GDB twice, once with
Paul> Python for those systems that can use it and once without for those
Paul> systems that don't have it.  Is there any interest in making this work
Paul> "better"?

This should be better in a more recent gdb.  Please try git master.
We've made it so that if Python initialization fails, then gdb still
works but disables all the Python functionality.

However, we haven't done the dlopen thing.  It's been discussed but I
think it is difficult to do sanely, and especially difficult to do in a
way that handles differences between versions of libpython.

Tom