Re: git is live

Pedro> Dunno if there's an easier way, but that worked nicely
Pedro> for me, and it only took a few minutes.

What I've been doing is:

In my old gdb.git, look at a branch I want to preserve.
Find the branchpoint of the branch.
Then, find the corresponding commit in the new repository and make a
branch rooted there.  Check out this branch.

In the old repository:

    git format-patch -k --stdout BRANCH-POINT..BRANCH-NAME > /tmp/P

In the new repository:

    git am -k < /tmp/P

Then I push the new branch to my gitorious repository.

So far that's worked quite nicely.

Tom