This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
KGTP (Linux debugger and tracer) 20130915 release (bugs fix and pdf doc)
- From: Hui Zhu <teawater at gmail dot com>
- To: "linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org" <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>, "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>, kgtp <kgtp at freelists dot org>
- Cc: Marc Khouzam <marc dot khouzam at ericsson dot com>, Thiago Jung Bauermann <thiago dot bauermann at gmail dot com>, Steven <mqyoung at gmail dot com>, Coly Li <colyli at gmail dot com>, Christoph Hellwig <hch at infradead dot org>, Geoff Levand <geoff at infradead dot org>, Steven Rostedt <rostedt at goodmis dot org>, Geunsik Lim <leemgs1 at gmail dot com>, Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>, Tao Ma <taoma dot tm at gmail dot com>, Oliver Yang <yangoliver at gmail dot com>, Brad_Dixon at mentor dot com
- Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 15:58:44 +0800
- Subject: KGTP (Linux debugger and tracer) 20130915 release (bugs fix and pdf doc)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
KGTP (http://code.google.com/p/kgtp/) is a flexible, lightweight and
realtime Linux debugger and tracer.
To use it, you don't need patch or rebuild the Linux kernel. Just
build KGTP module and insmod it is OK.
This is the video that I introduce KGTP in GNU Tools Cauldron 2013
Please go to http://code.google.com/p/kgtp/wiki/HOWTO
https://raw.github.com/teawater/kgtp/master/kgtpcn.pdf (Chinese) to
get more info about howto use KGTP.
Please goto https://code.google.com/p/kgtp/wiki/HOWTO#Table_of_different_between_GDB_debug_normal_program_and_KGTP
(Chinese) get the table of different between GDB debug normal program
and KGTP if you have experience using GDB debug normal program.
Now, KGTP 20130915 release.
You can get the package:
Get through https:
Get through git:
git clone https://github.com/teawater/kgtp.git
git checkout 20130915 -b 20130915
The main change of this release is:
Fixed bugs around x86_32. And They also reminded me to do this test
on x86_32 before release. (I just do x86_64 in before.) Thanks help
from Brad Dixon.
Fixed bugs around while-stepping.
Added pdf format docs.
Moved to github.
Now, I am working on insert tracepoint to user space program that base
on Uprobes. The most of code work was done. Please goto
https://github.com/teawater/kgtp/tree/uprobes-dev try it if you are
interesting with this function.