Re: gdb/mi inquiry

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Zaharee <m-122a7adb@mike.zaharee.org> writes:

Mike> Documentation on gdb/mi has a section titled "Compatibility with CLI"
Mike> which states the following: " This feature may be removed at some
Mike> stage in the future and it is recommended..."

Mike> I believe this disclaimer has been around for quite a while.  Is there
Mike> more up to date information on the likelihood or timetable which this
Mike> feature might go away?  Is there any active development on gdb/mi at
Mike> this time?

There is active development on MI, but mostly along the lines of
exposing various gdb features to MI clients, not changing MI syntax or
removing things.

While I don't think the compatibility mode is going to be removed any
time soon (IIRC there was a patch some time ago that went
unreviewed...), I would still advise simply using -interpreter-exec.
That will always work.

Tom