Re: Simulator patches for dv-sockser.o

On Friday 22 March 2013 11:32:10 Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Specific comments below but all should be addressed
> EXCEPT the one on tabs in mips/configure.ac because
> that is consistent with the code already there.
> common/acinclude.m4 seems to use two spaces.
>
> if you want to switch tabs to two spaces on the head
> after this is resolved, I will do that. But I am just
> trying to resolve this before the deadline.

the mips file seems to be inconsistent itself.  it's not a blocker, and we can
do it in HEAD after fixing things.

> 0001-sim-common-acinclude.m4-Address-always-required-hard.patch
>
> +	* acinclude.m4: Add SIM_DV_SOCKSER_O which is empty on hosts
> +	which do not support dv-sockser.o.

you also added support for "always" to SIM_AC_OPTION_HARDWARE

> 0003-sim-mips-Address-use-of-dv-sockser.o.patch
>
> +		AC_MSG_ERROR([Sorry, but tx3904sio hardware support is unavailable
> +for your target.  Please use --disable-sim-hardware, or pass a list of
devices to
> +enable that does not include that.])

the "to" should prob be on the last line since the middle one is like 82 cols

> 0008-mn10300-configure.ac-Address-use-of-dv-sockser.o.patch
>
> +if test -z "$SIM_DV_SOCKSER_O"; then
> +fi
> +

looks like you forgot to paste in the updated error message :)

> If this needs adjustment, please let me know. In a few
> hours, I am heading off for the weekend. Otherwise, please
> commit to both the branch and head.

do you have commit access ?  if you make the fixes above, feel free to commit
the result.  otherwise i can do those things for you.
-mike