Re: MIPS build failure

Michael Eager <eager@eagerm.com> writes:
> Hi --
>
> I'm seeing failures building gdb-head for MIPS targets.  The
> failure are warnings while compiling the MIPS opcode tables.  Gdb
> is built with -Werror and the tables have missing initializers for
> the 'exclusions' field.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this build failure?  If not, what are
> you doing different from a minimal configuration?

There are special makefile rules to handle this:

micromips-opc.lo: micromips-opc.c
	$(LTCOMPILE) $(NO_WMISSING_FIELD_INITIALIZERS) -c -o $@ $<

mips-opc.lo: mips-opc.c
	$(LTCOMPILE) $(NO_WMISSING_FIELD_INITIALIZERS) -c -o $@ $<

mips16-opc.lo: mips16-opc.c
	$(LTCOMPILE) $(NO_WMISSING_FIELD_INITIALIZERS) -c -o $@ $<

Not sure why it isn't working for gdb though.

Richard