Crash triggered by DWARF debug info: Any ideas ?

Hi,

I'm looking into some crash in gdb 7.5.1 in the DWARF reader.
The DWARF (v3) debug info in the case is pretty basic (it was generated by the "ARM Assembler", version 4.0).
The .debug_info section just consists of a single debug info entry for each compilation unit, consisting of name, producer, comp_dir, low_pc, high_pc and stmt_list. The .debug_line section contains line statements for the compilation units.

When symbol loading is triggered in gdb it crashes inside of record_block_range due to "block" being 0.
This is due to end_symtab_get_static_block() returning 0 when called in process_full_comp_unit().
Highpc and lowpc look reasonable at this point.

(I also tried skipping the call of dwarf2_record_block_ranges() if "static_block" is 0, however this lead to lots of warnings about psymtabs and symtabs being inconsistent (warning: (Internal error: pc 0x178 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)), and the source line mapping not working).

Any idea what to hunt for ?

Thanks,
Kai