Re: Colors in gdb

>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Pouget <kevin.pouget@gmail.com> writes:

Kevin> I have colors in my gdb Python prompt since quite a while, I wonder
Kevin> what could be different in the context of prompt printing and pretty
Kevin> printing ?

For ordinary printing, there's just no place to hook into gdb.

For printing via Python pretty-printers, strings are further processed
by gdb before printing, and in particular the escape sequences are
turned into plain text.

For backtraces it could be done by writing one's own "bt" in Python.  I
vaguely recall that somebody did this once.

Tom