Re: can pahole print a struct definition in a given CU?

Doug> Thus,
Doug> what about adding a "context" parameter to parse_and_eval, etc.?
Doug> And then provide a way to specify that context (e.g., both from the
Doug> CLI and from Python).

Doug> We'd still have to support "p 'bar.c'::foo + 'baz.c::foo'", but when,
Doug> e.g, cut-n-pasting expressions from source we shouldn't have to force
Doug> the user to insert 'bar.c::' in front of objects that gdb might end up
Doug> otherwise picking the wrong one for.

Doug> E.g., something like: (gdb) with-symtab bar.c p foo+baz
Doug> or whatever.

It would be fine by me.
I was just pointing out the simplest way to make pahole work the same
way ptype does.

Really I would like to roll the pahole functionality into ptype.
It is useful enough that there's no reason to need a second command for it.

Tom