This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
KGTP (Linux debugger and tracer) 20121204 release (bug fix and doc update)
- From: Hui Zhu <teawater at gmail dot com>
- To: linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org, "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>, kgtp <kgtp at freelists dot org>
- Cc: Marc Khouzam <marc dot khouzam at ericsson dot com>, Thiago Jung Bauermann <thiago dot bauermann at gmail dot com>, Steven <mqyoung at gmail dot com>, colyli at gmail dot com, Christoph Hellwig <hch at infradead dot org>, Geoff Levand <geoff at infradead dot org>, Steven Rostedt <rostedt at goodmis dot org>, Randy Dunlap <rdunlap at xenotime dot net>, Geunsik Lim <leemgs1 at gmail dot com>, Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>, Tao Ma <taoma dot tm at gmail dot com>, Oliver Yang <yangoliver at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 10:52:22 +0800
- Subject: KGTP (Linux debugger and tracer) 20121204 release (bug fix and doc update)
KGTP (http://code.google.com/p/kgtp/) is a flexible , lightweight and
realtime Linux debugger and tracer.
To use it, you don't need patch or rebuild the Linux kernel. Just
build KGTP module and insmod it is OK.
It makes Linux Kernel supply a GDB remote debug interface. Then GDB in
current machine or remote machine can debug and trace Linux through
GDB tracepoint and some other functions without stopping the Linux
And even if the board doesn't have GDB on it and doesn't have
interface for remote debug. It can debug the Linux Kernel using
offline debug (See
KGTP supports X86-32, X86-64, MIPS and ARM.
KGTP is tested on Linux kernel 2.6.18 to upstream.
And it can work with Android (See
Please go to http://code.google.com/p/kgtp/wiki/HOWTO or
http://code.google.com/p/kgtp/wiki/HOWTO (Chinese) to get more info
about howto use KGTP.
Now, KGTP 20121204 release.
You can get the package for it from
svn co https://kgtp.googlecode.com/svn/tags/20121204
This release doesn't have any feature update. Just fix some build
issue with old Linux kernel and ARM. And update howto to make it more
Please goto http://code.google.com/p/kgtp/wiki/UPDATE get more info
about this release.
According to the comments of Christoph, Geoff and Andi. I make lite
patch for review. Please goto https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/5/9/90 to