This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
PING [discuss] [x86-64 psABI] RFC: Extend x86-64 psABI to support x32
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- Cc: "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor dot com>, discuss at x86-64 dot org, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GDB <gdb at sourceware dot org>, x32-abi at googlegroups dot com, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 10:31:59 -0800
- Subject: PING [discuss] [x86-64 psABI] RFC: Extend x86-64 psABI to support x32
On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:50 PM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Michael Matz <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 May 2012, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>> > As a minor nitpick, I have always used x32 with a lower case x. The
>>> > capital X32 looks odd to me.
>>> I used X32 together with LP64. I can use ILP32 instead of X32 when LP64
>>> is mentioned at the same time.
>> I'd prefer that. x32 is a nice short-hand name for the whole thing, but
>> not descriptive, unlike LP64. So, yes, IMO it should be ILP32 in the ABI
> Here is the updated change. Any comments?