Re: Using Py_SetPythonHome

On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 20:35:45 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > On Oct 3, 2012, at 1:53 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> > > There do not exist any multi-user systems anymore.  Each developer has her own
> > > virtual machine (in fact many of them), therefore sure with root access and
> > > with proper normal automatic package management there.
> >
> > That is not true.
>
> Of course, it isn't.  Example: fencepost.gnu.org.

I hope you do not mean this seriously.  I understand there still exist some
such systems but they are a relict needing to be replaced.  And at least from
the systems around me (not just Red Hat) they already have been replaced.

Specifically logging into fencepost.gnu.org for checking FSF assignments is
always a pain as the interactive remote shell is slow, there are unconfigured
and missing tools there, one is anxious not to leave there accidentally some
CPU-intensive crashed processes etc.

The right solution would sure be if I could just 'git pull' an update to the
assignments database/files.

Thanks,
Jan