Re: Using Py_SetPythonHome

> I have discovered now that default build of GCC really uses something like
> relocate_gdb_directory for its own components (like cc1), it does not use
> constant compiled-in path like normal applications do.  This justifies
> relocate_gdb_directory for the default build of GDB, it was not clear to me.
> This also means GCC is violating standard system packaging practices.

I am starting to see where you are coming from. GCC has had this feature
longer than GDB, IIRC. And to me, this is not violating "standard system
packagainng practices" (please point me to a document that would claim
to explain what the standard practices are), but providing a very
important feature, which, if not standard, definitely should be (IMO).
If I have built a tool somewhere with a given prefix, and then I want
to install a copy somewhere else, it would be a real pain in the neck
to have to rebuild it.

Going back to the actual subject of this discussion, would it cause
a problem to call Py_SetPythonHome in your situation where everything
is static and installed at the default location?

--
Joel