Re: 64-bit (>4GB) inferior data types rules; TYPE_LENGTH: unsigned -> ULONGEST

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:23:10 +0200, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
> May I suggest that a wiki page be created to contain those instructions?

There are now both
	http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/JoelsCodingStyleCheatSheet
and
	http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdbint/Coding-Standards.html
(the former explains it)

I believe these notes belong more to gdbint.texinfo.

> Otherwise, I am afraid this e-mail will get lost in the
> archives and nobody will notice it in a few weeks.

Its purpose was to act first as a discussion subject before some final form
which I did not think much about so far.  While it may be clear I have found
there are some disagreements so possible changes to the rules could have also
effect on the final / largest patchset check-in.

> I can create the page if you agree with it.

But you are right it would be best, after it gets approved (at least by
a timeout) it would be great to move it to gdbint.texinfo, or I could.

Thanks,
Jan