Re: Using Py_SetPythonHome

> The use case I am having trouble with is the one where gdb gets
> shipped with: (1) its own pythonxy.so, (2) a zipped standard library,
> and (3) a directory for the standard library module shared libraries.
> In this case, Py_SetPythonHome needs to be called before Py_Initialize
> so that the standard library pieces can even be found (Py_Initialize
> does some imports).

Not sure what (2) and (3) are...

> Is there another way around the problem I am having?  Have the feelings
> concerning Py_SetPythonHome changed since comments in [1] ?
>
> [1] http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2010-11/msg00328.html

... The proposed patch has been working flawlessly for us since
I installed it in AdaCore's tree, but as far as I know, there has
been no change of heart regarding its inclusion in the FSF tree.
I believe Jan contacted the Python developers, and their answer
seemed to go in Jan's direction.

--
Joel