how to get kernel global data dynamically ?

hi,

      I  got  a  segment  fault  when  debug  a  process ,  so  I
disassemble the code  which   cause  the  fault  ,  and  find  the
instruction  which  fires  the  fault ,

     this  instruction  is  xlat  ds:(%bx)    , as  you  know , this
is a  protect-mode  addressing ,so  I  need  to  know  the  base
address  responding to   this  ds  descript ,

     then  I  could calculate  the  linear  address and  catch  its
memory data .

   but , as you know too , gdb can not tell you the    base address
responding to   this  ds  descript ,  is anyone have some solutions
here ?

thanks!