This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Hardware breakpoint limitation issue during the gdb regression test
- From: Luis Gustavo <luis_gustavo at mentor dot com>
- To: Terry Guo <flameroc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 21:04:08 -0300
- Subject: Re: Hardware breakpoint limitation issue during the gdb regression test
- References: <CAGbRaL4uR0MZJHwre7j16ybiEViO5ChRp8QXa4HTEDz9ikiT2A@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "Gustavo, Luis" <luis_gustavo at mentor dot com>
On 08/08/2012 05:55 AM, Terry Guo wrote:
I managed to run gdb "make check" on a real arm cortex-m3 board.
During this regression test, I saw many failures are caused by "Cannot
insert hardware breakpoint 8" and "You may have requested too many
hardware breakpoints/watchpoints". It's true that my arm board only
supports limited number breakpoints. So how to workaround this
limitation for regression test? Thanks.
You may want to turn these off:
set breakpoint auto-hw on/off
set can-use-hw-watchpoints 1/0