Re: Is there any mechanism in GDB to print memory allocation pattern in a core dump file

Santosh> I got a crash for which the size of the core file is little
Santosh> bigger i.e.  ~9GB. Initial impression is that there might be
Santosh> some memory leaks in the process as the size is bugger than the
Santosh> usual size. Is there any mechanism in GDB/Linux I can find out
Santosh> the memory allocation pattern in the core file?  e.g. There is
Santosh> a tool debug diag in Windows which can do this nicely from dump
Santosh> file.

Nothing built in, but there is gdb-heap, if you're on a system using
glibc.

https://fedorahosted.org/gdb-heap/

Tom