Re: Will therefore GDB utilize C++ or not?

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Pedro Alves <palves@redhat.com> wrote:

> Google around for OpenWrt or DD-WRT for example, to find configurations
> where 4-32MB flash is common.

FWIW, I have an openwrt install on a 4MB flash, and figuring out how
to find enough space for the existing gdbserver was a pain.
to the point where I just made a ramdisk and copied gdbserver to it
when i needed it (which lucky for me wasn't debugging any issue at
boot time/user space worked enough to get gdbserver to its
destination.)

many of these newer openwrt/dd-wrt systems also have usb they can use
to add additional storage.

that is to say, i think regardless of c/c++ gdbserver is possibly too
big for some of these small but not tiny installations or at least on
the cusp of being so, and getting larger, thus a smaller gdbserver
might be warranted regardless of c/c++