Re: Will therefore GDB utilize C++ or not?

On May 18, 2012, at 2:36 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:

> For example, look at the Python layer.  Despite patch review and our
> knowledge of the issues, we still have error-checking and
> reference-counting bugs in the code.  You can go through the list
> archives and find them.

How would C++ help with reference counting bugs?  I could see how it might (or might not) help with the subset related to error handling that can be made clearer with exceptions.  But the reference counting errors I remember were straight algorithmic mistakes that, as far as I can see, would have existed in the exact same form if the algorithm had been expressed in C++.

	paul