Re: [RFC] Extend gdb.Breakpoint to allow setting a breakpoint at the current execution address

Continuing from http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2012-04/msg01001.html
I am posting to gdb@ as it is more suitable now.

Siva> I didn't find a way to set a breakpoint at the current execution
Siva> address through the existing Python API.

Tom> I think you can use '*$pc' as the linespec.
Tom> Or you can get the value of the PC (any way you want) and use ('*%d' % pc).

I didn't want to use $pc explicitly as the manual only says "on most
machines" with regard to its meaning.  I do not know of any machine
where PC does not mean the program counter though.

What are the other ways to get the value of the PC?

Thanks,
Siva Chandra