Re: GDB shared library tests with remote target

On 04/23/2012 10:39 AM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Michael Eager<eager@eagerm.com> wrote:
When run on a remote system, the test fails to load the shared
library because the loader has an absolute path to the shared
library and does not search for it.

Q. Did this ever work? If yes, how and how do I make it work now?

I always run GDB tests with the same path on local and remote systems, usually using NFS. Then it works. There's nothing fundamental about this - you could teach all the affected tests to use a search path or set sysroot or something - but this was easy at the time :-)

Yes, that seems to be the only way that this can work. Not easy in the environment I'm working with.

BTW, it might be nice if the test suite contained tests using sysroot.

Fixing this doesn't require modifying all of the tests, only
gdb.exp:gdb_compile where the test is compiled.

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077