This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
info address "range"
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 05:58:45 +0200
- Subject: info address "range"
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
(gdb) frame 2
#2 0x0100ffda in compact_small_strings () at alloc.c:2271
2271 abort ();
(gdb) info address from
Symbol "from" is multi-location:
Range 0x100f452-0x100f45c: a variable in $esi
What exactly the "range xxxx-yyyy" mean? There's nothing in the
manual about this format. Is that the range of PC values? If so,
then since the current frame address is not within those limits, it
seems, and therefore the information is not helpful.
Is there any way of knowing where will the variable be found for the
current PC value?