Re: Remote debugging: setting breakpoints in shared libraries

Hello,

    Jan> On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:16:30 +0100, Klaus Zeitler wrote:
    >> Now when I try running the same sequence with gdbserver on a remote host
    >> (and localhost replaced accordingly), gdb doesn't stop at the
    >> breakpoint. My test program doesn't stop.
    Jan>
    Jan> It may be affected for example by not yet fixed in that version:
    Jan> 	[patch] [i386] Fix {,un}prelinked libraries for attach/core-load
    Jan> 	http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2011-02/msg00630.html
    Jan> 	http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2011-04/msg00272.html
    Jan>
    Jan> While there exist other methods for simplicity of the
    Jan> troubleshooting I would connect the remote system via NFS and
    Jan> use `set sysroot' to that mounted directory.

The sources are distributed over a few clearcase vobs. Maybe it's
easier if I just install a newer gdb. Since the patch above is quite
new, I wonder if it already made it into the last official release (7.4)?

Thanks

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler              Alcatel-Lucent                        |
|  Lorenzstrasse 10           70435 Stuttgart, Germany              |
|  Department:                Building: 005  Office: 3/171          |
|  Telefon:                   +49 711821 43898                      |
|  Email:                     klaus.zeitler@alcatel-lucent.com      |
| Alcatel-Lucent Deutschland AG                                     |
| Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart  Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 4026 |
| Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Michael Oppenhoff                |
| Vorstand:                                                         |
|   Alf Henryk Wulf (Vorsitzender) Â Dr. Rainer Fechner             |
---
You can learn many things from children. How much patience
you have, for instance.               -- Franklin P. Jones