Re: GDB Python API issues

>>>>> "Jason" == Jason Ekstrand <jason@jlekstrand.net> writes:

Jason> Hi, I've used GDB for a quite a while now, but have never dug into GDB
Jason> development. Recently, I started working on a project that heavily
Jason> abuses GDB's python API. I'm trying to essentially write a more
Jason> up-to-date replacement for DDD that, instead of parsing GDB output or
Jason> tying directly into it on a C level, pulls data from inside using
Jason> GDB's python API.

You could also simply put the GUI inside of gdb... :)
The 'gdb.post_event' function basically exists so you can do this and
run the GUI in a separate thread.

Jason> As I've been working on this project, I've started to find all sorts
Jason> of use cases that the API, as it currently stands, doesn't seem to
Jason> support. I'm willing to help, but I don't quite know where to start
Jason> and I wanted to talk to someone before I start submitting a stream of
Jason> bug reports.

You can bring up ideas and problems here on the list if you like.

A stream of bug reports would also be ok.

Tom