RE: GIT and CVS

The mail string subject is GIT vs CVS, but a lot of the discussion seems to be "replace CVS by something better" -- and the debate is on whether GIT is the right replacement or something else is.

For the most part, my opinion is that anything at all (other than SCCS) is a *massive* improvement on CVS, and getting rid of CVS is many years overdue.  So I support any way at all that this can happen.

All things being equal I like SVN, but I get the impression that this isn't the majority opinion (even though GCC uses it).  It certainly has a number of key attributes, such as atomicity and speed.

	paul