This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Handling of c++ function members
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc dot nl>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 16:38:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: Handling of c++ function members
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Joost van der Sluis <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been looking at the code which handles calling c++ function members
> and the Dwarf specifications. Is came to the conclusion that gcc does
> not generate valid Dwarf-debuginfo for those function members, but a
> work-around which is also implemented in gdb, namely in gnu-v2-abi.c.
> Is my conclusion right?
Can you be a little more specific, maybe an example?
There are definitely oddities in the GCC debug info, but the
workarounds I remember are in the DWARF reader.