This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb backtrace include library as well as symbol name
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Jon Grant <jg at jguk dot org>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 08:33:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: gdb backtrace include library as well as symbol name
- References: <4E7FAB5E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 00:29:50 +0200, Jon Grant wrote:
> Is there a way to get the "bt" command to output the library or ELF
> binary file that the symbol orginates in? Would be handy if this
> could even be the default:
Yes, this is common RFE. It was discussed in the thread:
Re: [patch] GDB 7.2: new feature for "backtrace" that cuts path to file (remain filename)
> #0 0xb7773424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
> #0 Doesn't show lib. I think this is glibc.
It is Linux kernel provided [vdso], it has DWARF info.