This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: DWARF Extensions for Separate Debug Info Files ("Fission")
- From: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- To: Jason Molenda <jmolenda at apple dot com>
- Cc: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, dwarf-discuss at lists dot dwarfstd dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb at sourceware dot org, Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>, Sterling Augustine <saugustine at google dot com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 19:20:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFC: DWARF Extensions for Separate Debug Info Files ("Fission")
- References: <CAHACq4o43uGDEEKQRiYgnWWXSnDzRD1Z_-4z2HQ=bSaTpgyrjQ@mail.gmail.com> <B6D4E49C-77EC-4BE7-8EAA-8897A4682F9F@apple.com>
On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Jason Molenda <email@example.com> wrote:
> Because the linker doesn't need to copy around/update/modify the DWARF,
> link times are very fast.
AFAIU, the link times are fast only if all the files are local to the
They will not be fast (and the .o files *will* need to be copied) if a
distributed compilation system (a build farm) is used (as is the case here).