This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb-mi mode- issues with command history and left and right keys
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Jusctsch <schumjs at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 16:40:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: gdb-mi mode- issues with command history and left and right keys
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thursday 08 September 2011 16:32:03, Jusctsch wrote:
> Hello all,
> When I enter gdb-mi mode on a bsd shell, I notice that I have no access to
> the up and down arrow keys for history, and left and right keys for
> travelling the line.
> Is there a way to configure gdb-mi mode for these codes? Is this a shell
No, that's expected. gdb-mi mode does not support command line editing
(it doesn't use readline), as it's meant to be driven by a machine.
The workaround is to start in normal cli mode, and use interpreter-exec mi.
That's not the same, but it's close enough in most cases.
(I've wished MI used readline myself before thought).