Re: xtensa: reading privileged special registers

Maxim, Marc, thank you for the answers.

> To see privileged registers, you'd want a setup that can e.g. debug a kernel or raw hardware.

That's my case: I have a gdbserver built into qemu, it has full access
to the processor state.

> For simplicity, the same register set is generated both for user and kernel situations, so GDB lists privileged registers even for user processes (e.g. via gdbserver or Linux native), even though they're not accessible. ?Maybe one day we'll fix that.

I can try to fix it, but I'm not sure what's the right way. I'd query
these registers from within xtensa_pseudo_register_read and fall back
to returning 0 if that query fails. Does that makes sense?

--
Thanks.
-- Max