Re: sim: using automake

>>>>> "Doug" == Doug Evans <dje@google.com> writes:

Doug> [I would prefer to avoid automake.]

Can you say why?

Doug> Question: can automake handle dependencies on machine generated files?
Doug> I think(!) the answer is "no", so automake doesn't solve all problems.

Yes.

Doug> Observation: gdb no longer manually describes dependencies (*1) yet it
Doug> doesn't use automake.

Yes, I did this by porting the code from automake, since that seemed
simpler than moving gdb to use automake.  Using automake would actually
offer other benefits, I just didn't want do deal with the details of the
transition.

Tom