Re: gdb-gdbserver, non-stop, async - thread identifier more than only a thread id?

On 6 July 2011 22:57, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:

> D> There are 3 threads, but it isn't clear which thread represents which
> D> functionality (fucntion call) . When a thread is created, isn't it
> D> possible to refer the first function call on stack as an reference
> D> name of a thread?
>
> I guess it would be possible, but I don't know if it is desirable.

What about using the first function call on stack only if OS (or
remote target) does not report the name? And of course allow
overriding from command line.

I guess it would be useful to skip the first several functions which
are always there. (E.g. OS thread entry, C runtime
initialization/deinitialization, a fancy framework init/deinit
routine, and finally the function the user wanted.)

Daniel: The command is "thread name", see [1]

[1] http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/Threads.html

--
Petr Hluzin